On November 28th on the road, the Minutemen slipped by the Saints, 64-63. It took some time for Massachusetts to get into a rhythm, going into halftime down 34-24. On the positive side, the team fought back after the break and the win was salvaged in the second.
The Minutemen didn't destroy the Saints, but they did win as expected. A year ago, Massachusetts beat Siena 82-78.
Massachusetts got the win while controlling Siena in offensive rebounding and winning the struggle in turnover margin.
Massachusetts used sheer size to create more opportunities to score with a total of 14 offensive rebounds to eight by Siena. The Saints couldn't get out of their own way, handing the Minutemen the ball 16 times to only 11 giveaways on the other side.
Chaz Williams was the leading scorer for the Minutemen with 23 points in 39 minutes, 12 of those points coming from three-point range. Williams also led both teams with six assists.
The Minutemen are 3-2.
Their next game is Miami (FL) at home on December 1st.
Massachusetts Game Notes:
- Sampson Carter had a career high with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Terrell Vinson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Massachusetts started 3-2 during the 2004, 1999, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Maxie Esho recorded the 1st double digit rebound game of his career.
- The Minutemen have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
Siena Game Notes:
- O.D Anosike recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 35th of his career.
- O.D Anosike has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Evan Hymes has led the team in scoring 4 times in 7 games this season.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 7 games this season.
- The Saints have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Siena has lost 19 close games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Chaz Williams