The Minutemen got the wind knocked out of them in on November 16th when they lost to the 6th ranked Wolfpack, 94-76.
NC State created separation in shooting, where there was a big gap, and also assists.
The Wolfpack shot 56% from the field and got by the Minutemen with 40%. NC State led an even offensive effort and put up 15 assists to nine by Massachusetts.
Jesse Morgan did his best to keep the Minutemen in it with 15 points in 25 minutes, 12 of those points coming from three-point range.
This is an unfortunate early loss for Massachusetts, who is expected to have a good year. The Minutemen fall to 2-1.
Up next is Siena on the road on November 28th.
Massachusetts Game Notes:
- Massachusetts started 2-1 during the 2007, 2006, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Raphiael Putney has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jesse Morgan has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 3 games this season.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:26 left to go.
- Prior to this game, UMASS played 13 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 3-10.
NC State Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (T.J. Warren and Richard Howell) accounted for 42.5% of the points.
- Lorenzo Brown recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- The top two rebounders (Richard Howell and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 41.4% of the rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Jesse Morgan