The Minutemen stumbled in Amherst on December 1st, losing to the Hurricanes, 75-62.
An item of note about these two teams: A year ago, Massachusetts lost 83-75.
Miami (FL) controlled defensive rebounding and also got the edge in three-point shooting.
Miami (FL) was too powerful at the basket, with 30 defensive rebounds to only 19 by Massachusetts. Miami (FL) shot 40% from three-point range and used that to blow by Massachusetts, who managed 21%.
Terrell Vinson led the losing effort for the Minutemen with 14 points on 27% shooting in 34 minutes. Chaz Williams contributed a game-high 10 assists.
The Minutemen have fallen to 3-3. They've now lost 3 of their last 5 games.
The next game coming up is with Northeastern on the road on December 4th.
Massachusetts Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (Terrell Vinson and Chaz Williams) accounted for 40.3% of the points.
- Massachusetts has been outshot by their opponents in three point percentage for the past 4 games.
- Terrell Vinson recorded the 9th double digit rebound game of his career.
- In 75% of losses this season, the Minutemen have a three point percentage of 21.9% or worse.
- Raphiael Putney had a career high with a 100% three point percentage.
Miami (FL) Game Notes:
- Durand Scott has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Johnson and Durand Scott) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- Shane Larkin has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Johnson recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 17th of his career.
- Reggie Johnson recorded the 26th double digit rebound game of his career.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Terrell Vinson
, Chaz Williams